Join the Stony Brook Alumni Virtual Advisory Council!
Looking to get more involved but not sure where to start? Concerned if you volunteer, you’ll over-commit your time? This new volunteer opportunity is a convenient, concise and meaningful way to participate and engage with Stony Brook. We’ll ask you to share your suggestions, conceptualize program ideas, problem solve, innovate, raise your hand to help and more. We will use your feedback to improve our services to better meet your current and future alumni interests and needs.
- Advocate: This is your platform to share feedback, and Stony Brook Alumni Staff and Alumni Association Board or Directors is actively listening.
- Help: Grow a robust and proud Alumni network.
- Participate: Engage in 4-6 online surveys, polls, and forums on a variety of topics. No meetings!
- Innovate: Help inspire improvements and new alumni experiences that foster a meaningful life-long relationship with Stony Brook.
- Rewards: Earn swag and “thank you” gifts for your participation.
- News & Updates: See results and findings from activities within our virtual community and learn more about how Stony Brook is using your insightful feedback in a tangible way to enhance the alumni experience and to grow alumni engagement and support.
Volunteer service and transferable experience is always a good to demonstrate on
Frequently Asked Questions:
How and when are surveys sent? Surveys are sent via email. Panelists complete a profile survey when they join, and typically complete at least six surveys per year.
What will be asked of me? Council members will be asked to weigh in opinions on a variety of alumni-related topics and programs. Topics include alumni benefits, event offerings, communications, un-conventional or new ways to inspire or afford access to one another and the University digitally, and in-person volunteer opportunity.
How are alumni recruited for the panel? All alumni are invited to participate, and certain Schools/Affinity’s are targeted with additional communications to ensure coverage across all of Stony Brook’s many areas and makes great efforts to ensure there is representation across graduation year, geography, gender, and other demographics.
How are the results shared? Results are provided in the following month’s survey email, and posted on the SBAA website.
How is feedback used?
The Alumni Office and Alumni Association get great value from hearing alumni opinions
on University initiatives. Panelists help shape strategic decisions on new programs
and the feedback is used when advising campus partners in their unique effort. Surveys
will be short and targeted for constructive feedback. You’ll enjoy seeing the aggregated
survey data, and knowing you provided prospective and input and the ideas translate
into tangible output!
Where can I send questions? Contact Kristen Brennan, Alumni Digital Engagement Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get the Latest News
Don't forget! You can learn all about school news, alumni highlights, upcoming events, new perks and more on Stony Brook Matters, our news site for alumni and friends!Read SB Matters