With prestigious rankings and international recognition that place us among the Top 1%* of higher education institutions worldwide, Stony Brook is invested in undergraduate education.
- Stony Brook is one of the most affordable top-ranked universities in the nation.
- Stony Brook has been named to Kiplinger's list of 35 Best Values in public colleges and universities.
- U.S. News & World Report has ranked SB among the top 100 universities and top 40 public universities.
Nearly 90% of our recent graduates are either employed or continuing their education.
Stony Brook’s affordable tuition means less future debt and real savings that can help you pay for your graduate studies or any number of life passages yet to come.
* Stony Brook’s global ranking by U.S. News & World Report places us in the 1% of institutions worldwide.
Financial Aid and Scholarships
- 55% receive need-based aid; average amount: $8,768
- 41% receive merit-based aid; average amount: $3,314
- 50% receive self-help aid; average amount: $5,200
Bigger Affordability, Smaller Debt
In an era where stories about rising student debt and default rates appear daily in the media, Stony Brook students graduate with low debt, and have much smaller default rates compared to both national and New York State averages.